Pasikblogan #2: Lola

PasikBlogan Challenge #2: Random Strangers.  Take/Find a photo of a random stranger, post and blog about that person speculating on his/her thoughts, who he/she is, etc.


I took a photo of this lola during the Handmaids of the Lord conference in Marikina last May.  I was waiting for Mommy to exit the building and lola was standing a short distance from me.

I think she may be 70.  At this moment, she was a bit worried about finding her companions in the sea of people.  It was a hot day and she was tired and hungry.  After 3 days of conference, she was exhausted but thankful for the spiritual food that she received.  She makes a note to thank her dear friend who convinced her to go.  She just wants to find them so they can have lunch together and then make their way home.  It will be a long bus ride back to the province and she longs to see her grandchildren again...

****
PasikBlogan is a challenge for  Bloggers to stretch outside their comfort zone. Learn more at the PasikBlogan Facebook page.

This is my second version of this challenge.  The first one was a lot more speculative (okay, fictional) complete with family history and conflicts but I just didn't feel comfortable inventing things about someone real.  Thus, the rewrite..

Also, fiction is hard!  I have a deeper respect for all the Tolkiens and Rowlings and Irvings of this world.  I think I will leave the fiction-writing to them.=)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats