Pasikblogan #4: Heaven!

PasikBlogan Challenge #4: “Get me the hell out of here” You find yourself lined up for hell. It’s up to you state your case and explain why you are *not* supposed to be in hell.

----------------------------------------------------
 
Heaven is an impossible destination if everything was up to me.  Nothing I can do by myself (sins, shortcomings and all), can ever entitle me for a place in heaven.  No, sir!  I was doomed and I needed a Savior...

 ...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
... For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)


Having sinned, I deserved eternal separation from God.  But Jesus, who was without sin, suffered the penalty for my sins.  I only needed to acknowledge Jesus' sacrifice...

... If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

...Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:2)

I am going to heaven because I believe that Jesus died on the cross for me and I acknowledge God as my Lord and Savior.  What a privilege!  Thank you, Jesus...


----------------------------------------------------



PasikBlogan is a challenge for  Bloggers to stretch outside their comfort zone. Learn more at the PasikBlogan Facebook page.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats