Google, not Gryffindor!

I'm always interested to see what new features/products Google comes up with.  I have most of the Labs enabled in Gmail and I try new features as soon as I get wind of them.

I'm currently using Blogger in Draft, which has a cleaner/sleeker look.  I like the abundance of white space.  It has fewer visual distractions, which can only be good for composing posts.  It also has a newly-added feature called Scribe, an auto-predict tool that suggests words as you type.

I tried Scribe today and it's really nifty.  It makes composing posts faster but introduces the downside of driving your writing to a very different direction.  Here's a Sribe-d sentence where I accepted all the suggested words:  

I am trying to get a good deal of the day and night to make sure that the new system is a way to get the best of the best in the world of the living room and dining room.  
Haha!  Still, it's a great feature that you can switch on and off as needed.  It probably uses the same concept as word clouds, scouring the Internet and finding the words that are most likely used together and dynamically changing these relationships depending on current popularity (like trending topics) or percentage of user acceptance.  It would be interesting to see the algorithm for this tool (OR geek talking!).  It comes in different languages, too.  Needless to say, more loyalty points for Google.

While I was typing the word Google in the previous paragraph, the first suggestion was Gryffindor. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats