Yes People

From basejumper.com

We are constantly presented with opportunities/chances to do new things.  They could be as simple as talking to a stranger or trying an unfamiliar route.  We can always a choose to stick to the tried and tested, stay within our comfort zones OR step out and do something new.

Doing the unfamiliar expands our experiences and let's us discover more things about ourselves.  There is really wisdom in the saying "Do something new everyday."

My sister Em mentioned one thing that I have been trying to apply when opportunities present themselves.  She said we should be 'yes' people, that is, be open and say 'yes' to new experiences.  I remember this whenever I am inclined to say 'no'.  I know saying 'yes' can only be good for me, especially if it involves inconvenience or discomfort.  Avenues for growth are always outside the box.

I got to this topic because this week is going to be a very busy one at work.  Two new folks are joining my team (yes!), I am hosting Day 1 of our analysts' conference with some international participants (yes!), and I have to finish designing a complex new report (yes!).  I said yes to all these things and now I'm feeling the butterflies in my stomach... Gaah!  But there's no turning back.  I just have to do them, and do them well.
  
So help me, God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats