APE: A Necessary Hassle

Photo credit: dreamstime.com
Ever since I started working, I've had annual physical exams every single year.  I don't look forward to it because of the hassle - getting tested and poked, waiting for doctors, collecting specimen, etc.  BUT I know it's important to get regularly checked just to make sure that the machinery is still in good condition.=)  I realized if we're keeping car maintenance appointments, we should at least do the same for our bodies, no?

I had my annual PE on Tuesday.  This is a more stringent examination (ECU) and needed to be done at the hospital.  The new corporate health and wellness center at Makati Med has made the process more convenient because they've consolidated all the possible procedures in one area, unlike last year when I had to go to different floors/stations for tests.  PE this year covers the usual, plus cardiac workup (ECG and treadmill stress test), and ultrasound of liver, gall bladder, pancreas and kidneys so it took longer than the regular PE.  I was at the hospital from 8AM to 1PM, and did not eat anything solid since 8PM the previous night.  I was starving by the time it was all over.

I'm glad I'm done for the year.  I'm looking forward to getting the results next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats