Inspiration: Art and Music at Home

I was at Starbucks waiting for Neil's class to end.  I picked up a couple of magazines, on of which was Celebrity Living, October 2011 issue.


There's an article on Barbie Almalbis and Martin Honasan's home in Marikina.  I love their house!  It has a lot of elements that I would like to have as well - art, music, books and a photo wall.  I took photos for future reference.

Barbie has a collection of guitars and I like how they are functionally displayed in the space below.. (Side note: The neck of the old guitar I got in college broke months ago and it was irreparable so I had to let it go.  I want a new one.  Rich, are you reading this?)


Martin is an artist and their house is equipped with a studio.  When this article was written, he was still working on his first one-man exhibit (Digging in the Dirt) which we were able to see at the Power Plant Mall.  (Side note #2: Art/painting another favorite hobby but I haven't engaged in it in years.  Not to say that I'm great, just really interested!  I like checking out art supplies at the bookstore, imagining space and time where I would have the privilege of creating again.  Something to look forward to.)


Another element, which I also love is this photo wall.  I am inspired to create something similar in the condo. 


I like lived in, not too formal spaces with many personal elements that really represent the homeowners and this is definitely that kind of house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats