Work Updates

If I let my work dictate my vacation days, the latter would probably never happen.  There is no slow week at work for me, there is just busy and busier... I am not complaining though, I love my job but one needs to get away sometimes to spend focused time with family and get a renewed perspective of things.

My last two vacation leaves could not have been scheduled at more inopportune times.  I was on leave at the height of preparations for our department roadshow (for the Singapore trip) and then last Friday while the bosses were visiting Manila.  I had to squeeze all the agenda with my manager into two days and work on some deliverables so I can go to Boracay.  I left the office around 2AM on Friday (0% packed for an 11AM flight) and still ended up not finishing everything so I had to bring my laptop on vacation.  Before you think that this was a sad situation, let me say that there is no perfect formula for work-life balance.  One just needs to be happy with the decision to prioritize one over the other and this was right for me.=)

Here are some recent pictures from work:

Department Roadshow 04/26




Pictorial during the bosses' visit last week 05/09






Team dinner at Top of the Citi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats