Social Media Fast

I stayed away from social media for 5 days last week. No Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

What I realized from this self-imposed hiatus is that it’s possible =) and how much time I spent wasted on them. This I realized from the many other things I was able to accomplish while I was offline. I don’t really stay on them for long stretches of time, but it’s the unmindful constant checking for new updates that add up. Whenever I have or need a quick break, I would be checking for new updates. I actually had to remove the shortcuts from the homepage of my phone so the fingers don’t accidentally click and check.=)

I enjoyed the off-time. Without the constant distraction, I was more mindful and got more things done. I finished blogging about the Christmas vacation in Iligan, read more, and checked off some of the things I have in my January goals list, which I will write about some other time. 

I like it!

Comments

  1. nice At. ako, tmz and showbiz websites free na since end of last year. i still want something for mental break, but not as pointless. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee, agree ako that we can actually do more with much less social media. More time with the kid & family, new recipes, dates with the hubby and 'me' times :) Hope to meet up with some of the IPBC folks sa next uwi namin, pm ko kayo ha?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marz! Sure, kita tayo the next time you're back. Pwede din maglaro.=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz