The In-Between by Jeff Goins

One of my goals for this year is to read at least 2 books per month and include more fiction into the mix.  I looked at my last 10 book posts and only one is fiction!  This imbalance needs to be fixed this year.  I have started keeping a list of books I want to read.  Any recommendations?

I have finished my 2 books for January, by the 5th, but before I get to them, let me tell you about The In-Between by Jeff Goins, the last book I finished in 2013.  I was first exposed to his work last year listened to his audiobook Wrecked.  I liked that one and has since followed his blog where I learned of this new book.


The In-Between is all about finding purpose and beauty, and growing while in the season of waiting.  Perfect timing because I am in a season of waiting myself.  We have held off making major plans and commitments and it would be great to get confirmation of when this thing lands and where, soon.  But I am also finding comfort in this in-between season.  Times like this give us a chance to prepare for transition, examine motivations and priorities, and just be thankful for what has been and what's to come.

Back to the book.  Jeff Goins writes in a conversational style, like you'r listening to a friend.  He talks about personal experiences during the in-betweens in his life and what he has learned from them.  I recommend it for encouragement and entertainment (good stories).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz