Favorite iPad Apps

We bought the iPad around my birthday last year.  It has surely been a source of entertainment and education and avenue for creativity in our family.  Today I'm sharing some of our most used apps on the iPad.

Dragonvale! One of the earliest apps we installed and still being played to this day.  In app time, I think that counts as an all-time hit.  Rich, Neil and I all play this game.=)  If you're not familiar with Dragonvale, it's a game where you breed and raise dragons for your park.  They keep on releasing new dragons so there is always the challenge to breed, and before the expiration date for the limited ones.  It's a strategy game + chance because there are many combinations that can be bred.  The dragons raise money as they are displayed in the park, and earn more as higher-level dragons which can be achieved by raising food, which needs money.  We all know how this goes.  You can also decorate your park which was one of the most fun elements for me.  I think the main draw of this app is that it's designed really well.  The graphics look nice and you can be as slow or aggressive as your like by buying credits, which we succumbed to on a couple of occasions.


RealRacing.  Ok, this is really more for the boys because I really do not enjoy racing games.  Rich plays RealRacing3 and Neil is assigned to RealRacing2 because Rich does not want him to impact his stats and credits on 3.;)  Rich said this game is nice because they have incorporated some physics into the graphics (and I rhyme!).  He showed me the part where the player chooses the car where it drives to the middle of the screen and stops with realistic motion.  I have to agree that the graphics are impressive on these games.


Paper.  For the frustrated artist in me.=)  This is a drawing app that allows me to be creative without spending for real art supplies.  There are different pen tools and a color mixer that opens up a lot of possibilities.  I bought all the features available and had created a "portfolio" of drawings but Neil unfortunately deleted all my notebooks so they are all gone as we speak.  I hope there was a way for specific apps to be protected to prevent these errors by busy little hands.  I created the picture below for demo purposes.


Repix.  This is a recent install but right away awesome so I bought all the additional features.  It's a photo editing app with really cool effects like flare, stars, Hollywood, etc.  I have not used this for long but I already like it.  Neil likes it, too.


Word and picture games.  These are the equivalent of RealRacing for me.  I like mentally challenging games (remnant of my trivia-loving, quiz-show-joining self) and I have quite a few installed for variety.  There's Boggle, Words with Friends, Sudoku, etc. but recent favorites are 4 Pics 1 Word, where you identify what is common with the 4 pictures and the other games from the same developer like Pic Combo, Icomania, etc.


What are your favorite apps?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats