Throwback: Trips to Singapore

I have been to Singapore three times before.  The first visit was to attend a conference on supply chain planning, the second one was an overnight side trip (business travel in Malaysia) and the third one was for vacation with Rich.  Number 4 is coming soon!

Trip #1: November 2005
This was a 4-day trip to attend a conference. I stayed at the Swissotel near the Marina Bay, but this was long before the construction of Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay. Back in those days, it did not occur to me to extend my trip for sightseeing so I saw very little of the country, basically just the area withing walking distance of the hotel.

I took selfies before they were called selfies. This was one of two shots of me that's not a selfie. Thank you, kind stranger.

Trip #2: February 2007
This trip was even shorter than the first one, just overnight, a stopover of my Penang-Manila trip. I stayed at Joel's condo and he took me and Malou to the Night Safari.

Trip #3: March 2007
Richard and I were together on this third trip to Singapore. We still stayed at Joel's place and did a lot more sightseeing. We went to the Jurong Bird Park and Sentosa. We also met my cousin Angel who was doing OJT and Richard's friend from church.

It has been 6 years since the last visit to Singapore.  Since then, they've built Universal Studios, Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay.  I'm excited to explore the city again, especially with Rich, Neil, my parents and sister this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats