Jars of Clay at Walkway 2013


I originally had these photos on the earlier post but realized that Jars of Clay deserves a special post.  I was so excited to find out that they were coming to Manila to perform and it's for free!  I have been a fan for a long time.  I watched their concert at the Araneta Coliseum many years ago so there was no doubt as to where you would find me on Easter Sunday evening.

Em, Rich, Neil and I made it to BGC around 6:30PM.  People have started to fill the concert area but we were still able to find a good spot for our mat.  Rich bought food from Quiznos and we had a picnic while waiting for the show.

Musicians from Church Simplified, including Julianne and Paolo Valenciano, opened the show.  Then it was Jars of Clay!  I have not witnessed a live musical performance in a while so I really enjoyed the experience.  JOC sang mostly their earlier songs which are popular with the audience.  I don't know what it is with foreign bands (at least the ones I've seen live) but their music (vocals + instruments) just sounds more refined, crisp and undeniably better than that from local musicians.  Maybe it's experience, technology, synchronicity or relationships but you can really hear the difference.  I hope to be proven wrong in the future.

JOC was very generous.  They played a good number of songs and granted audience requests during the encore.  They commended the organizers for putting up the Walkway stations and how it was a good reminder of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.  It was a fitting end to Easter 2013 -- family, good music and remembering God.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats