Thank you and goodbye, UFY!

Meet UFY, Richard's car which he bought back in 2000.  We sold it to our friend in 2006 in favor of a bigger vehicle, a Revo.  Then we sold the Revo in 2010 and went carless for a few months, which was a challenge with a baby.  Things come around.  We bought UFY back in early 2011 when our friend left for Singapore.  So, there's a lot of history with this car.

It's a 1986 model, already 16 years old and was still able to take us where we needed to go but it's been having problems, lately troubles starting... Richard brought it for servicing Wednesday last week and was told it would cost a lot to overhaul.  He was linked by the service advisor to somebody who was willing to buy the car and by Monday, it was sold. I didn't even get a chance to see it one last time.:(

The person who bought it is an enthusiast and is looking to soup it up.  I hope I would see UFY again in the future, most likely in better shape.  I hope the new owner will be blessed in having it like we were.

Circa 2000

2003.  I will remember UFY because Richard taught me to drive using that car.  I bruised it a few times but it was still kind to me.

 2005. During our wedding.

We changed its color in 2006, my pick.  After that, I like UFY even more because it was one-of-a-kind.  I've also liked its shape better than the newer models.

This photo was taken last month.

I've taken a lot of pictures inside it.

After Neil's moving up program.

Who knew this would be one of the last few times we get to be UFY's passengers?


Thank you and goodbye, UFY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz