The blog is 3!

Photo credit.

I published my first post on this blog three years ago on April 20, 2009.  Before that, I was on blog-city for years as well.  Blogging has been one of my longest-running hobbies and I hope to keep at it for years to come.

I blog for many reasons.

First, it's just fun and I enjoy doing it.  I like creating content, editing pictures and writing.  It's a creative outlet for me.  I used to paint and draw but I haven't done those in a long time so I blog and take pictures instead.

Second, it allows me to review and process my experiences, to think about them in a more introspective manner.  I am able to reflect as I write things and because of that be more cognizant of and thankful for the blessings.

Third, it helps me remember.  I don't have a very good scale of time in my head and I find it hard to match events to when they happened.  It's good to have someone like Richard who I get to ask "What year did we sell the car?" or "In what year did we go to Coron?"  He can recall, I blog.=)

Fourth, to chronicle Neil's growing up years.  I think it would have been interesting if the Internet was around during my parents' younger years and they had blogs about our family.  Now I have the opportunity to do it for the boy.


Fifth, for sharing everything I find interesting - products, restaurants, travels, etc.  This blog has had search hits for some of these topics and I hope people found the posts useful.

And lastly, to update family and friends about what we have been up to.  Our families are in different parts of the Philippines and world and this is one way for them to know the latest news.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats