Salcedo Saturday Market

We used to go to the Salcedo Saturday Market every week when we first moved to Makati two years ago.  At some point, we just stopped going.  Before last Saturday, I cannot recall the last time we were there, probably last year with Papang.

I decided to go again last Saturday because we ran out of vegetables to cook for lunch.  I figured we can buy ready-to-eat food instead.  Rich was still sleepy and opted to stay home but Neil and yaya went with me.


I stepped into the park and immediately felt the energy of the place.  I remembered why I used to like coming here every week.  Back in Iligan when I was younger, I would go with my parents or Nang Lani to the merkado very early on Saturdays.  We haggle, we buy from our suki, we walk through muddy areas balancing our bags, and basically dealt with all the chaos.  It was fun!  The Saturday Market is an upgraded version but it's the closest I can get to for the merkado vibe.


Neil and yaya stayed at the playground while I walked around the market.  The playground has deteriorated quite a bit and it's really sad...  I hope they renovate the area because a lot of kids still play here.

There is just one swing with a defective seat.

The park is within reasonable walking distance from the condo but we took the taxi going there because according to Rich "tatlo kayo, mataas ROI."  Yep, it's a usual thing for us to decide by ROI.=)  Going back though, I favored walking because the weather was nice.  Neil enjoyed hiding behind every tree we passed by.


And this is what we had for lunch.  Lami!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats