May 2012 Photo-a-Day Part 1

For May, I've decided to just do one post two parts and keep updating them as I go along.  I'm following the challenge list from Fat Mum Slim.

May 1. Peace.  The good book.

May 2. Skyline.  Strangely orange and hazy afternoon in Makati.

May 3. Something you wore today.  In the office.  I've resorted to wearing this cap even if it seems weird to don one indoors because there's a constant cold draft from the aircon overhead.  Desperate measures.

May 4. Fun! Splashing in the kiddie pool.

May 5. Bird.  I took photos of actual birds at the park but the image size was small that after zooming and cropping, they're even smaller than the standard size I use for the blog.  Fortunately, this book that I bought on this day has a bird, too.=)

May 6. You.  Taking a self-portrait is haaaard!  I took a lot of shots before I could say that the photo looks like me.  It's hard to be objective when you're looking at your own face.

May 7. Someone that inspires you.  Neil inspires me to do better, be better.  And that's two consecutive days of extreme close-up.

May 8. A smell you adore.  I am generally averse to strong, overpowering scents.  I prefer scents, even the good ones, to be subtle and mild.  I couldn’t immediately think of a subject for this challenge because the word is ‘adore’ and I don't have anything that fits the bill.  I don’t wear perfume and most of the products I choose are unscented.  I looked around the house and decided this is the closest - lavender lotion which smells like massage oil.  It's very nice on the skin, too.

May 9. Something you do everyday.  Across the street is my office building and I pass this way every workday.  I took this photo inside Earle's Deli and for the record, I don't come here everyday.  Just today and maybe 14 times more in the next three months because we bought 15 50% off vouchers on sandwiches.=)

The thing that I really do everyday is take a shower.  I like our colorful and cheery shower curtain! I know this breaks the rule but I made the effort and like both photos so I'm posting 2 for this day.

May 10. A favourite word.  I free-cut the letters and put them on top of Neil's artwork.  I like this word for all that it represents - connecting to God, thankfulness, laying down concerns and being aligned to what really matters.

May 11. Kitchen.  Spice+ cabinet.

May 12. Something that makes you happy.  Weekends and family time.

May 13. Mum.  This boy calls me Mommy.

May 14. Grass.

May 15. Love.  I made a playlist of songs with the word 'love' in the title and listened to it at work.  I really wanted to do something more meaningful, preferably with family in it, but just wasn't able to.  This one turned out ok.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Internet 12.09.11

It's Not Complicated: Samson and Delilah, Ruth and Boaz

Filipino Friday 3: Reading Habits and Book Formats